Friday 3 October 2014

The Terror Within (1989)

On post apocalyptic earth, supplies are running low for a group of survivors living deep underground in a military research bunker. Trips to the surface are fraught with danger thanks to "Gargoyles" - monstrous humanoid creatures which now roams the earth.
When the team rescue the sole survivor of a camp of humans who have somehow until recently survived above ground, they unwittingly let a Gargoyle into their bunker.


Exclusive to this page; my petty gripe; with this movie:
Civilisation is dead, food is so scarce that the team of 7 or so people are over the moon that a single edible snake is found in an above ground mission, it's commented on that they can't even remember the taste of chicken, the "coffee" they drink is made from a mystery substance since actually coffee long since ran out... Yet one of the characters constantly has a cigarette.
A low budget Alien ripoff, from Roger Corman. Fun enough, but not great.

Full review exclusively at The Cinphilliacs





Disclaimer:
If you look through the archives, you'll see that I've been using "Bought from Poundland" as a tag since at least 2011.


At the end of October 2013 I decided that all of my 2014 movies would be purchased from Poundland, and began buying up horror movies, to ensure I would have enough come October 2014.

In March 2014 I took a part time job at Poundland.

In accordance with the companies social media policy, in September 2014 I contacted Poundland's social media team to check that I would be okay to carry on with my plan to use the "bought from Poundland" tag.

I have been given the go-ahead on condition that I make the following clear:


All the reviews on this blog are entirely the opinion of Will Tingle, the reviews are not endorsed by Poundland in any way and (as should be obvious from some of the more scathing ones) are certainly not reviews I have been paid to write.

In short: The views expressed in this blog are mine alone, and do not necessarily reflect the views of Poundland or it's owners, shareholders, or  management.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh so that's where the PL quote came from.

    Movie sounds pretty pants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, my usual (short) disclaimer is me covering my ass regards the social media policy.

    The Movie was okay - I think you'd hate it though.

    ReplyDelete